Thursday, June 8, 2017

ON QATAR

I spent a lot of time there. It was civilized. More will follow. I liked Qatar. The ruling family is nuts but the rest of the place is okay.

I am also just about convinced that one of the impacted wisdom teeth I ignorned decades ago is resurfacing and I don't have a dentist. I don't even know a dentist. I had a LCDR dentist straddle my chest while chipping away at the last wisdom tooth with a hammer and a pair of pliers. I lost interest in preventive dental care right about then, there in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

2 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

Ah yes, military dentistry at the end of the 20th Century left a lot to be desired. Dentistry in civvie street isn't that bad. Still no picnic, but not bad.

(Said the man having his teeth cleaned on the morrow.)

HMS Defiant said...

Good luck with that. I'll be happy to have mine cleaned, and polished, when they fall out from natural causes because, hopefully, I won't notice.