Friday, June 9, 2017

MEMPHIS

A long time ago I took some time off to explore both Tennessee and Texas with an eye to moving there. There was some charm to both. I liked San Antonio and the River Walk, but I wouldn't want to live there. I actually liked Knoxville but, I wouldn't want to live there. By the point I had reached in my life, they were small towns and there was absolutely nothing at all beyond the city's edge. My daughter came along. She was all of 3 at the time.

What I remember about Memphis was how nice it was. I really enjoyed Mud Island. If you haven't been there, go. You can walk down the full length of the Mississippi River and you won't regret it. .....don't move there, you'd regret that. 

In Memphis, the city father's, at the urging of the Justice Department, decided to break up the crime reservations and spread the criminals across the length and breadth of the city and screw the people that lived there. I didn't like that approach. Deciding to spread out the kind of people that would, without a thought, with malice oozing out their nostrils, simply raise a gun and blow the head of any person that irked them, was kind of like, Oh, I don't know, inviting umpteem million islamic terrorists to move in next door. I decided to stay in San Diego. I prefer life with the head I have.

All this was prelude to playing a song I like and which I inflict on you without mercy. Enjoy. The show was absolutely fantastic and just like Firefly and too many others, I wish I had been around to watch it in realtime and thus keep it alive for a second or 5th season. 

Oh, and some of you would enjoy the book, Marooned in Real Time.

No comments: